There has been a tremendous amount of discussion for the past two and one half year about what has really gone on here in the Gulf of Mexico in the wake of the BP oil spill.
Here’s the inside story.
The official response to the BP Gulf Oil Spill has been controlled like no other response in American history to an environmental catastrophe. The US Government, to include the EPA, NOAA, Energy, Interior, the White House, has colluded with BP et al. to keep the lid on what has really been taking place in our waters, on our beaches and with our seafood.
The information blackout, and especially the choking off of vital data and research studies have occurred through the following deliberate process:
(1) First the government exerted its total control over all the concerned agencies and departments responsible for any aspect of the oil spill. Therefore, all of the previously mentioned agencies were immediately co-opted to execute a political agenda in which economics and politics always trumped health and environment.
(2) Next the government, in collaboration with BP, sought to control all other public institutions like the OSATF (Oil Spill Academic Task Force in Florida). There are true advocates working in academic bodies like the OSATF; however, once they were included under the BIG UMBRELLA, everyone was expected to fall in line. Almost everyone did, with a few notable and courageous exceptions.
How it works is that if a geology professor were to break ranks, his department chairman might be contacted about a large pending government grant which ‘might’ be put into jeopardy. The ways of controlling those who are expert in the relevant academic disciplines are endless, and unfortunately have profoundly compromised the entire information gathering-process regarding the BP oil spill.
(3) Funding, as you just read, is the oil of all academic and scientific research. Without it, nothing gets done. Therefore, whoever controls the funding and grant approval process effectively controls the message. From speaking with many, especially those who function within the relevant institutions, no one has ever seen such a clampdown. It appears that the US Gov’t/BP Juggernaut has just about ensured that unless one plays by their rules, no funding will be forthcoming. “YES!”, it is that controlled and oppressive. While this ongoing, multi-institutional dynamic has been operative for many decades, it has now entered a new realm of self-enforcement —> “Their way or the highway!” This has simply forced many truth-speakers to take to the information highway … with a vengeance.
Here’s an example of how BP had allocated the first installment of a $500 million dollar grant program to Florida universities in the amount of $25 million.
USF to receive funds from BP grant
How much control do you think $500 MIL can purchase?!
(4) Of course, the absolute control of the mainstream media has been the cornerstone of their strategy to control all information that flows into the public domain. Whereas the media seemed to be on top of the real story in the very beginning, it now seems that occurred for dramatic effect. As soon as the Macondo well was ‘capped’, virtually everyone went back to sleep, particularly the Mainstream Media.
(5) As for the alternative and fringe media, there have been major battles going on from day one. See how BP has saturated the ad space of each and every website and blog with their BP ads claiming they have fixed the GOM, are fixing the GOM, will fix the GOM. What must be pointed out is the vast amount of financial allocation necessary to run all these ads 24/7 for two (2) years. Couldn’t that money have been much better spent on really fixing the problems instead of paying lip service? The extraordinary efforts by BP to coverup the ongoing BP oil spill challenges is now legend; their numerous and fierce initiatives to airbrush anything having to do with the cosmetic aspects of this oil spill are likewise unparalleled in modern industrial disaster history.
(6) Data-collecting for even the layperson who resides on the GOM coastline was made extremely difficult because “BP was given a lead position in the unified command structure authorized by the US Federal Government immediately following the burning and sinking of the Deepwater Horizon. This transference of authority away from the impacted state governments was unprecedented in US history and created a virtual monopoly over the flow of information from BP to the appropriate authorities, as well as to the public-at-large.”
~ Feb. 25th Press Release from GRA entitled :
Conclusive Evidence That BP Misrepresented Gulf Oil Spill Sent To Congress
The counties were then subordinated to BP and could forcefully be compelled to control fact-finding citizens and truth-seeking professionals, which they did.
(7) War Between the States One need not look any further than the citizens tensions between Florida and Louisiana to begin to understand how they can control the information flow. Louisiana is a drill state and has been all about oil for since the 1930s; Florida couldn’t be further from that position given the predominance of its tourism, agriculture, boating and fishing. When two states are operating at cross purposes in regard to such a formidable undertaking as remediating the biggest oil spill in us history, one can appreciate the many hapless implications of such an unworkable relationship.
Bear in mind that Louisiana politics has been oiled by petrodollars for decades. Almost everyone is connected to the Oil & Gas Industry in some way, shape or form. One almost has to leave the state to get away from the slick and sleazy influence that goes with this territory. Therefore, much of the official info and data is often tilted and distorted to meet the demands of the hidden agenda of the Oil & Gas Industry.
There are many effective citizen advocates in NOLA area who have broken out of this box. Since they are so close to ground zero, they have provided much valuable information and proven to be indispensable info/data resources.
(8) Controlled Opposition: This one is a real challenge because of how many are unwittingly controlled, and don’t have a clue. Many who fall into that category have been used as instruments to undermine the true citizen advocates among us. The degree to which divide and conquer has been utilized with great effect through controlled opposition strategy is quite extraordinary. Until you have been a victim of such tactics, as the GOSRC has, you really can’t imagine the extent to which your environmental or health advocacy can be paralyzed.
As for the Controlled Opposition which may be executed through a formal COINTELPRO Op, an organization must be set up like a CIA special task force where each member executes on a strictly need-to-know-basis and the entire operation is strictly compartmentalized, as well as completely firewalled where it concerns internet services, software and hardware.
Who in the world can ever practically function under such conditions?!
(9) Obama’s ‘Special’ BP Oil Spill White House Response Team: It has since come to light that the Obama Administration quickly created a Response Team that worked secretly and deeply in the bowels of the White House. This group was constituted to perform many functions but particularly one above everything else — to limit the political fallout from the BP oil spill by any means necessary.
It has now been widely reported that the White House was either giving orders throughout the ongoing 87 day undersea gusher, or blessing every move that BP made. Therefore, all of the misguided decisions to pollute the GOM with the highly toxic dispersant Corexit ultimately were approved by the White House.
Furthermore, the nonstop PR campaign to convince everyone that the GOM was perfectly okay the day the gusher was capped was also run out of the White House. What bigger threat to the re-election of Obama could there be but the devastation of the regional economy of the Southeast.
This particular political side of the BP oil spill story gets dirtier in oil the deeper you drill; therefore, the SOTN will issue a dedicated, special report prior to the November, 2012 election.
Gulf Oil Spill Remediation Conference
Submitted: September 12, 2012